Guy Tan Yong ChuanCOO
After leaving my previous job of 8 years as a Marketing and BD manager, I decided to embark on a journey of self discovery. Teaming up with a group of like-mined individuals, we created a startup business in Singapore. The startup is an online ecommerce marketplace focusing on marketing and selling of luxury goods from international brands. Over the course of the 4 years, the business grew from a small setup with a local customer base to a regional based e-commerce store with more than 100K followers.
As part of the integral team of a young startup, i had to wear multiple hats and each role entails different skill sets. Below are the description of the roles that i took on throughout this journey:
1. Conceptualised and designed www.bagsire.com, an online retail platform focusing on the import and private sales of international luxury goods.
2. Developed an international logistic framework involving purchasing of goods to delivery of purchases.
3. Negotiated and formed various strategic overseas and domestic partnerships.
4. Developed and managed budgets for marketing, operations and technological updates.
5. Developed and managed supply chains to ensure continuity and maintain margins.
6. Developed the brand via various platforms to attract and retain customers.
I am a highly motivated individual with excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. With my experience in a startup environment, i am comfortable in working in a creative and fast-paced environment either independently or as a team player.
I am adept in developing long and short term strategies and tactics for growth with proven ability to develop brand and broaden customer base. With a to-do attitude, I am meticulous and are able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Academically wise, since I graduated from NUS with a computing degree, I’ve continued to upgrade my skills and knowledge to stay relevant in the fast-paced IT industry.